Peacock Middle >
Peacock Middle School has implemented the character education program PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports) to benefit our entire student population. Here are the key points of PBIS:
- We have three clearly defined expectations: Be Respectful, Be Responsible, and Be Proud. Every student will be taught our three expectations in multiple settings throughout our school.
- We continually self-evaluate our culture to effectively meet the social and emotional needs of all students.
- We have established a behavioral continuum here at Peacock to encourage the expected behaviors of being respectful, being responsible, and being proud.
- We have a curriculum in place that will discourage inappropriate behaviors and teach the expected behaviors.
- We will reduce the need to always be reactive by replacing it with a more proactive approach of teaching students our expectations first. Rather than waiting for a student to fail before we intervene, we provide the necessary supports aligned with the Social and Emotional Learning Standards (SEL).
- PBIS reminds us that growth must occur for all children even in situations of misbehavior.
- Students are rewarded with a Charger Check (reward ticket) for following our three expectations at school. Charger Checks can be used in many ways and teams will create reward lists students can choose from.
- Research has shown that PBIS not only improves a school culture, but it will also improve academic performance.
Peacock Middle School PBIS School Goal
Students at Peacock Middle School will meet our three expectations:
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Be Proud
These documents are available as Adobe PDF files.