F.E. Peacock Middle School houses approximately 300 sixth, seventh, and eighth grade middle school students. It was renovated in 1991 under an Airport Improvement Program Soundproofing Grant and Life Safety project. In addition to being soundproofed, the school is fully carpeted and air-conditioned. The main focus of the middle school is to create an environment for learning that addresses issues unique to adolescence without compromising academic achievement.
The curriculum fosters the basic skills, reading, phonics, writing, spelling, composition, creative writing, mathematics, science, social studies, health, physical education, art, and music.
The District supports the use of technology as a tool for learning and instruction. Emphasis is given to the use of technology in the writing process across the curriculum at all grade levels.
The North DuPage Special Education Cooperative (N.D.S.E.C.) services the special education needs of District 10 children.
District 10 graduates attend Lake Park District 108 high schools in Medinah and Roselle.
Events and Headlines
• Peacock Band Concert - Jazz, Concert, & Symphonic Bands
- at Peacock, 3:00 PM
- Sunday, December 8 • Assessment Week - Grades 6-8
- December 9 - 13 • K-Prep Winter Music Program - at Benson, 6:00 PM
- Monday, December 9 • Hot Lunch - at Peacock
- Wednesday, December 11 • Board of Education Meeting - at Itasca Village Hall, 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, December 11 • 2nd Grade Winter Music Program - at Peacock, 7:00 PM
- Thursday, December 12 • Market Day Pick-up - at Itasca Park District, 5:30-6:30 PM
- Thursday, December 12 • Hot Lunch - at Benson & Franzen
- Friday, December 13 • Peacock IPTO Dance - at Peacock, 7:00 - 9:00 PM
- Friday, December 13
Contact, Hours, etc.
F. E. Peacock Middle School
301 East North Street
Itasca, IL 60143
7:10 AM - 4:00 PM
8:00 AM - 2:55 PM (M,T,W,F)
8:00 AM - 1:35 PM (Th)
Telephone: (630) 773-0335
Fax Number (630) 285-7460
Emergency School Closing:
Telephone: 773-1232 Option 5, Ext. 1542