F.E. Peacock Middle School houses approximately 300 sixth, seventh, and eighth grade middle school students. It was renovated in 1991 under an Airport Improvement Program Soundproofing Grant and Life Safety project. In addition to being soundproofed, the school is fully carpeted and air-conditioned. The main focus of the middle school is to create an environment for learning that addresses issues unique to adolescence without compromising academic achievement.
The curriculum fosters the basic skills, reading, phonics, writing, spelling, composition, creative writing, mathematics, science, social studies, health, physical education, art, and music.
The District supports the use of technology as a tool for learning and instruction. Emphasis is given to the use of technology in the writing process across the curriculum at all grade levels.
The North DuPage Special Education Cooperative (N.D.S.E.C.) services the special education needs of District 10 children.
District 10 graduates attend Lake Park District 108 high schools in Medinah and Roselle.
Events and Headlines
• IPTO Book Fair - at Benson
- April 14 - 17 • Education Fair - at Franzen, 12:45 - 1:45 PM
- Tuesday, April 15 • Peacock Fine & Applied Arts Festival - Pasta Dinner, 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- Jazz Band, 7:00 PM
- Aladdin Preview, 7:40 PM
- Tuesday, April 15 • Celebration of Learning - at Benson, 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- Wednesday, April 16 • Hot Lunch - at Peacock
- Wednesday, April 16 • Market Day Pick-up - at Itasca Park District, 5:30 - 6:30 PM
- Thursday, April 17 • Track Meet - at Lake Park West, 4:00 PM
- Thursday, April 17 • No School - District Closed
- Friday, April 18
Contact, Hours, etc.
F. E. Peacock Middle School
301 East North Street
Itasca, IL 60143
7:10 AM - 4:00 PM
8:00 AM - 2:55 PM (M,T,W,F)
8:00 AM - 1:35 PM (Th)
Telephone: (630) 773-0335
Fax Number (630) 285-7460
Emergency School Closing:
Telephone: 773-1232 Option 5, Ext. 1542