F.E. Peacock Middle School houses approximately 300 sixth, seventh, and eighth grade middle school students. It was renovated in 1991 under an Airport Improvement Program Soundproofing Grant and Life Safety project. In addition to being soundproofed, the school is fully carpeted and air-conditioned. The main focus of the middle school is to create an environment for learning that addresses issues unique to adolescence without compromising academic achievement.
The curriculum fosters the basic skills, reading, phonics, writing, spelling, composition, creative writing, mathematics, science, social studies, health, physical education, art, and music.
The District supports the use of technology as a tool for learning and instruction. Emphasis is given to the use of technology in the writing process across the curriculum at all grade levels.
The North DuPage Special Education Cooperative (N.D.S.E.C.) services the special education needs of District 10 children.
District 10 graduates attend Lake Park District 108 high schools in Medinah and Roselle.
Events and Headlines
Boys Basketball Games - Away vs. Medinah, 3:45 PM
-- Monday, January 26
- Away vs. Westfield, 4:00 PM
-- Tuesday, January 27
- at Home vs. Westfield, 4:00 PM
-- Wednesday, January 28
- Away vs. Spring Wood, 3:45 PM
-- Thursday, January 29 Assessment Week - at Benson Primary
- January 26-30 Beginning Band Concert &
Music Booster Meeting - at Peacock, 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, January 27 Hot Lunch - at Peacock
- Tuesday, January 27 K-Prep Parent/Teacher Conferences - at Benson, 4:00 - 8:00 PM
- Wednesday, January 28 IPTO Culture Night - at Franzen, 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- Thursday, January 29 1st Grade Music Informance - at Benson Primary
- Friday, January 30 Hot Lunch - at Benson & Franzen
- Friday, January 30
Contact, Hours, etc.
F. E. Peacock Middle School
301 East North Street
Itasca, IL 60143
7:10 AM - 4:00 PM
8:00 AM - 2:55 PM (M,T,W,F)
8:00 AM - 1:35 PM (Th)
Telephone: (630) 773-0335
Fax Number (630) 285-7460
Emergency School Closing:
Telephone: 773-1232 Option 5, Ext. 1542