Hello Peacock Families!
It is hard to believe that summer is winding down and another school year is right around the corner. I am very excited to welcome all of our students on August 17th. It is my hope that everyone has enjoyed the long summer days filled with fun and relaxation with friends and family! To prepare for another great school year we have been busy cleaning, getting organized and changing the appearance to a few areas of the building. One space I would like to highlight is our library. You won’t recognize the space! I want to thank the D10 Foundation, IPTO and Music Boosters for all that they have done to help us fund this project. We are so grateful and excited to see our students enjoying this space.
Just a reminder that each month I will be emailing out the monthly Charger Report. This report will highlight upcoming events, dates and information. I encourage you to read through this to stay informed. The first August Charger Report will be emailed out this week, so please be on the look out for it. If you do not recieve this document, please contact the main office to ensure that we have your correct email address.
If you need anything or have feedback please don’t hesitate to contact us. Below are some important August dates which are also explained further in the August Charger Report.
- 8/4 - School Supply Pickup @ Itasca Library 4 p.m. 8 p.m.
- 8/10 - Peacock Preview 6th Graders 10:00 a.m.- 11:15 a.m.
- 8/10 - Board of Education Meeting 7:00 p.m.
- 8/11 - Information Day 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (Schedules, lockers, bus information and IPTO information)
- 8/17 - First Day of School!
- 8/18 - 6th Grade Parent Orientation 6:30 p.m. 8:00 p.m.
- 8/19 - Peacock Picture Day! (Student pictures and I.D. Cards)
- 8/22 - Fall Assessments begin
I am so honored to be able to work with your children each day. See you all soon!
Heidi Weeks, Principal
F.E. Peacock Middle School
630-773-0335 x 2810
Be Respectful Be Responsible Be Proud